Modalert 200mg is a restoring medication utilized for the treatment of narcolepsy, shift work sleep issues, and obstructive sleep apnea. The manufacturer of the medication is Sun Pharma Laboratories Ltd. The manufacturer of the dynamic fixing modafinil differs. It is a class of medication that additionally has a place with the gathering Nootropics. This medicine is broadly recommended by doctors for treating and upgrading attentiveness in patients experiencing sleep-related problems. It goes about as an attentiveness advancing specialist who further develops readiness in patients and in this manner dealing with the weakness and weariness experienced by the patients. This medication is broadly utilized by shift laborers who work on various timings and their work expects them to be completely conscious and focus on it. This medicine should be taken uniquely against prescription from a certified doctor and isn’t for self-prescription.
Modalert is used all over the world by the people as a wakefulness promoting agent, medication to manage ADHD, a weight loss aid and as a smart drug. The drug is very tempting and is hard to control by people who has a drive to improve themselves.Improving wakefulness in patients with excessive sleepiness associated with narcolepsy or other sleep disorders. It is used to treat excessive daytime sleepness associated with narcolepsy, obstruction sleep apnea (problem in breathing while sleep) and chronic shift work.The “smart drug” modafinil actually does work for some people, improving their performance on long and complex tasks, also enhancing decision-making and planning skills.
Mechanism of action:-
Modalert acts on the brain to stimulate the release of chemicals that promote wakefulness.
Modalert is mainly sold in two strengths, 100 mg and 200 mg Tablets. It is recommended to take 200 mg once daily preferably in the morning.
Headache, nausea, nervousness, dizziness, or difficulty sleeping may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.
Consult your doctor immediately if you have any serious side effects, including: fast or irregular heartbeat, mental or mood changes (such as agitation, confusion, depression, hallucinations, sometimes thoughts of suicide).
Consult your doctor if you have any very serious side effects, including: chest pain; allergic reaction like rash, skin blisters, itching or swelling of face, tongue, or throat; severe dizziness; trouble breathing, fever, mouth sores, weakness, easy bruising/bleeding, symptoms of liver disease (such as persistent nausea/vomiting, stomach/abdominal pain, yellowing eyes/skin, dark urine).
- Take the drug about 1 hour before you need to be fully alert.
- Limit caffeine intake in this period.
- Do not stop the drug suddenly as you can get withdrawal symptoms.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking this drug.
- Do not give modafinil to children below 18 years of age.
- Do not take the medicine if you are allergic to it or to any other content (e.g. lactose) in the medicine.
Do NOT use modalert if:-
- you are allergic to any ingredient in modafinil or to armodafinil.
- you have a history of developing a rash after taking modafinil or armodafinil
- you have a history of certain heart or heart valve problems (eg, mitral valve prolapse, left ventricular hypertrophy).
Some MEDICAL CONDITIONS may interact with modafinil. Tell your doctor if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or non prescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have liver problems, kidney problems, heart problems (eg, chest pain, heart blood vessel problems, a recent heart attack), or high blood pressure.
How to use modafinil:-
Use modafinil as directed by your doctor. Read the label on the medicine properly for exact dosing instructions.
- Modafinil comes with an extra patient information sheet called a Medication Guide. Read it carefully. Read it again each time you get modafinil refilled.
- Take modafinil by mouth with or without food.
- Take modafinil in the morning unless otherwise directed by your doctor.
Store modafinil at room temperature between 20 and 25 degree C.
Store away from heat, moisture, and light.
Keep out of the reach of children.
There are no specific contraindications to modafinil other than an allergy to the drug, but literature distributed by Cephalon advises that it is important to consult a physician before using it, as problems may arise for people who are sensitive to active constituents of the tablets, people with cirrhosis (which may impair the metabolism of the drug and cardiovascular problems.
There are no reviews yet.