Waklert (generic name Arrmodafinil) is a drug which comes under the class Wakefulness- promoting agents
This drug is a modified version of modafinil. This drug is more potent as the drug is 2x stronger than the modafinil. This means you need a much smaller dosage in order to be equally as effective.
Uses of Waklert:
Waklert is used all over the world by the people as a wakefulness promoting agent, medication to manage ADHD, a weight loss aid and as a smart drug. The drug is very tempting and is hard to control by people who has a drive to improve themselves.Improving wakefulness in patients with excessive sleepiness associated with narcolepsy or other sleep disorders. It is used to treat excessive daytime sleepness associated with narcolepsy, obstruction sleep apnea (problem in breathing while sleep) and chronic shift work.
The "smart drug" Armodafinil actually does work for some people, improving their performance on long and complex tasks, also enhancing decision-making and planning skills.
Mechanism of action:
Armodafinil acts on the brain to stimulate the release of certain chemicals that promote wakefulness.
Dosage of Waklert:
Waklert is mainly sold in three strengths, 50 mg, 150 mg and 250 mg Tablets.
Usual Adult Dose for Narcolepsy, Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome
150 to 250 mg orally once a day in the morning
Usual Adult Dose for Shift Work Sleep Disorder
150 mg orally once a day approximately 1 hour prior to the start of the work shift.
Side effects of Waklert:
Headache, nausea, nervousness, dizziness, or difficulty sleeping may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.
Consult your doctor immediately if you have any serious side effects, including: fast or irregular heartbeat, mental or mood changes (such as agitation, confusion, depression, hallucinations, sometimes thoughts of suicide).
Precautions of Waklert:
- Take the drug about 1 hour before you need to be fully alert.
- Limit caffeine intake in this period.
- Do not stop the drug suddenly as you can get withdrawal symptoms.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking this drug.
- Do not give armodafinil to children below 18 years of age.
- Do not take the medicine if you are allergic to it or to any other content (e.g. lactose) in the medicine.
Do NOT use waklert if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in armodafinil or to armodafinil.
- you have a history of developing a rash after taking armodafinil
- you have a history of certain heart or heart valve problems (eg, mitral valve prolapse, left ventricular hypertrophy)
Some MEDICAL CONDITIONS may interact with armodafinil. Tell your doctor if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or non prescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement