Mon - Sat: 8:00 - 21:00
Carisoma 350 mg contains active ingredient Carisoprodol 350 mg. Carisoprodol is a muscle relaxer that works by blocking pain sensations between the nerves and the brain.Carisoprodol is used short term together with rest and physical therapy to treat injuries and other painful musculoskeletal conditions.It works by helping to relax the muscles.
How to use the drug
- Take this medication by mouth with or without food as directed by your doctor, usually 4 times a day.
- The dosage is based on your medical condition and response to treatment. This medication should only be used short-term (for 3 weeks or less) unless directed by your doctor. Do not increase your dose or use this drug more often or for longer than prescribed. Your condition will not improve any faster, and your risk of side effects will increase.
- This medication may cause withdrawal reactions, especially if it has been used regularly for a long time or in high doses. In such cases, withdrawal symptoms (such as stomach cramps, trouble sleeping, headache, nausea) may occur if you suddenly stop using this medication. To prevent withdrawal reactions, your doctor may reduce your dose gradually. Consult your doctor or pharmacist for more details, and report any withdrawal reactions right away.
- Along with its benefits, this medication may rarely cause abnormal drug-seeking behavior (addiction). This risk may be increased if you have abused alcohol or drugs in the past. Take this medication exactly as prescribed to lessen the risk of addiction.
- Tell your doctor if your condition persists after 2 to 3 weeks or if it worsens.
Side effects are possible with Carisoma, some of which are severe. A patient experiencing a serious side effect or an allergic reaction should immediately seek emergency medical attention.
Symptoms of an allergic reaction include :
- facial skin edema,
- skin edema of the lips, mouth, throat, and tongue, hives,
- difficulty breathing.
Drug interactions may change how your medications work or increase your risk for serious side effects. This document does not contain all possible drug interactions. Keep a list of all the products you use (including prescription/nonprescription drugs and herbal products) and share it with your doctor and pharmacist. Do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any medicines without your doctor's approval.
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is near the time of the next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not double the dose to catch up.
Store at room temperature away from light and moisture. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep all medications away from children and pets.
Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. Properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed